A "Grassroots Survey"?

A few days ago the Democratic National Committee mailed me a "Grassroots Survey." It was a multiple choice questionnaire with insufficient options. Within the framework offered, there was no way to express my real responses. Moreover, for the most part, they failed to ask the real questions -- which suggests that they don't want to hear my real opinions on issues such as:

The War in Iraq. Over 2000 dead GIs. Cuts in veterans benefits. Supreme Court nominations. Globalization. Torture. The stealing of the 2004 election. Impeachment of Bush & Cheney.

Bush and Cheney have messed up so badly that only the Democrats can save them, and I truly fear they will. The Democratic leadership seems to live in absolute denial of reality, and that was reflected in their "Grassroots Survey."

Daniel Borgström
Oakland, California
daniel41@lycos.com

The above letter to the Editor was published in the Oakland Tribune on Tuesday, November 15, 2005
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Hi Daniel,

You hit it right on target -- the Dems don't want to talk about the things that are really important to us. Did I ever tell you that before the Gray Davis recall election I phoned the California Dem Party office, and asked them what they planned to do to fight the recall. They turned it around and told me it was up to me (and the public) to figure out what to do, and of course I should send them money. It was infuriating. Also, before the last presidential election's primary I contacted Kerry and Edward's campaigns and asked them about their position on global warming (would they sign the Kyoto Protocol) and about their plan to get out of Iraq. I was told to look at their websites (I had done so already -- neither mentioned global warming or war) and was encouraged to donate money. So much for an opposition party!

Have a great UnThanksgiving,
Cathy Green

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:14:30 -0800 [17:14:30 CST]
-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

A few days latter I received an anonymous item in the postal mail -- an envelope with no return address. Inside was a clipping of my letter to the Tribune, and written across it in large letters were the words:

"BULLSHIT, DANNY BOY!"

I was slightly flattered that some disapproving soul had been moved to send me a thought.