2nd meeting on
----the Crisis at KPFA & Pacifica
TIME & PLACE
Sunday, May 18, 2-6 p.m.
North Berkeley Senior Center 1901 Hearst Ave.
(at Martin Luther King Jr. Way)
[close to Berkeley BART. AC Transit buses 15, 43, 51]
There will be speakers to get out the information KPFA’s management doesn’t want you to know and small group discussions on how to insure fair elections, democratic process, tran$parency and accountability.
Events Sponsored/endorsed by: KPFA Fair Elections Committee, PeoplesRadio, Coalition for a democratic Pacifica, Voices for Justice, Peace and Freedom Party of Alameda County, Les Radke, former National Election Supervisor, current and former KPFA Station Board members:
La Varn Williams, Tracy Rosenberg, Sureya Sayadi, Henry Norr, Anthony Fest, Akio Tanaka, Richard Phelps, Attila Nagy and Stan Woods.
The first meeting was on April 6, 2008. The topics discussed included:1. Recent KPFA LSB elections
2. De-recognition of the KPFA Unpaid Staff Organization
3. The financial crisis at WBAI and Pacifica
4. On air censorship at KPFA --- "Is the gag rule back?"
5. Why is the Program Council no longer a decision making body?
6. Conflicts of interest and the corporation counsel